Hi guys! My second day in Nice went really well. I woke up at 230pm after having gone to bed at 5am the previous night. Crazy hours I know but that comes with the territory of being a professional poker player, so I guess I better get used to it. I really hope that I just get used to this schedule and sort of stay jetlagged so that I can adjust easily to working long hours at night and sleeping a fair amount during the day.
After waking up, I tried to get a haircut at a local barber that is literally located right around the corner from the appartment, but that didnt work out too well. Supposedly, I cant get an appointment until Tuesday! Seems pretty riddiculous to me, but apparently they take this shit pretty seriously around here.
Bah, so after that, I was locked out of our appartment and I couldnt manage to get my phone to work. Then I tried texting Alex and that failed as well. Finally, I resorted to yelling but apparently no1 could hear me. So I was locked out and thought about asking random people if I could use their phone but for some reason, I decided against it. So what I finally decided to do was search for a payphone. But yeah, that failed miserably as well. Apparently in France, you have to pay by credit card to use a payphone, and since I dont own any credit cards, I couldnt manage to get the phone to work. So finally, I just said Id to have wait a while, and hopefully, someone would come and let me in. Yeah, so luckily that worked out well, and in like 15 mins, I was finally able to get into our building.
So once I got inside, I decided itd be safer not to leave, until I got a copy of the appartment key. For the rest of the afternoon, I pretty much just chilled, went on facebook for a while, and made a few sensless rambles on the forums. After a little while, I had wasted enough time, and the crew was ready for dinner. Dinner was fucking amazing tonight. We went to this little place in North Nice, that looked like a little hole in the wall, but man was the food good. The atmosphere was also really chill, with our friend and temporary housemate Jay working the saxaphone. For appetizers, we had these little lamb sauasages and some calimari that was absolutely delicious. For my entree, I ordered some filet, that turned out to be reallly good.
After dinner, we ventured to the Casino and put our names on the waiting list. The games were AMAZING tonight and I really wish I could have kept playing when the casino closed at 4. I managed to book a small win of 105 euros and I thought I played pretty well all night.
Anyways, Im loving France so far and plan on spending some time at the beach tomorrow. Hopefully, I can meet some girls that will make my stay even more enjoyable. Thats all for now, wish me best of luck in the games tomorrow!
-Kyle
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment